Monday, December 15, 2008

It's the Holiday Season!







I've been doing a lot of travelling with my family lately. I've seen Santa's workshop in Minneapolis TWICE, spent the day baking cookies with Auntie Tink-Tink, Grandma B. and Grandma Great and then again with Grandma Annie, and my cousins Birch and Max. Mommy was right in the heart of the cookie baking action both times, while momma was busy snacking, visiting and playing cards (momma loves cooking, but not baking so much).

So far this winter, we've been skiing in a blizzard, tromping around in our snowsuits, and sledding out in the woods at Grandma and Grandpa Hansen's. I've been riding around on my moms' backs while they shovel us out after each snowfall. My feet get a little cold and wet in my new winter boots, but at least they stay on my feet - the last pair I had fell off every five minutes. My dog Gracie is so happy that winter is here! Mommy and I take her skiing with us at the golf course three or four nights a week. Last week, Gracie decided to have an adventure without us and we could not find her for a long time. We had to ski back and forth across the golf course calling her name. It was dark and my mom and I were both pretty worried by the time Gracie decided she was ready join us again. She can be kind of a punk.

This weekend we are having our family Winter Solstice celebration. We get to decorate our Solstice tree and make luminaries for the front walk and gifts for our family and friends on Saturday. I think we are going to a puppet show that day too. On Sunday, my Momma is cooking a feast for us and we will open gifts by candle light and have a fire in the backyard. I heard mommy say she is excited to jump the fire. I wonder if I'll get to jump the fire too... I'll let you know!

Happy Winter Solstice!

Natty May

No comments: