Monday, February 11, 2008

Home From California With an Aching in My Heart








I really liked San Diego! The sun was shining brightly everyday and there were very few clouds in the sky. The air smelled of salt and seaweed (or maybe it was fish) and the all that sunshine made our bones feel toasty. Mommy had to work the first few days we were there, but I didn't mind because every couple of hours Mama and I would walk back to our hotel from whatever adventure we were on and Mommy would show up right on time to nurse me and sing me onto the Sleepytime Cowgrrl Ranch (my favorite place for dream-time adventures)! Mama and I covered lots of downtown San Diego by foot, well my Mama's feet did the work really. I was just along for the ride in my Baby Bjorn. We spent time exploring the Gaslamp District, Little Italy, Horton Plaza and SeaPort Village. While Mommy was along we toured Old Town where my Mama found delicious carnitas (her favorite mexican food) served with homemade tortillas. I got to flirt with the women who were making the tortillas on the huge, round, flat black grill. We made each other smile! We also played in the hot tub a lot and I got to practice the kicks and splashes that I've been learning in swimming lessons. When Mommy's meetings were over, my Mommies took me to the Pacific Ocean, where we explored a bunch of different beaches. My toes and fingers first played in the sand at Ocean Beach. I got to see my first sea lions flopping along the beach in La Jolla and the sunset there was the most intense one I have ever seen! At Pacific Beach, we watched some people surfing waves that made them (the people) look pretty small. We also spent a morning at the San Diego Zoo. I got to see my first baby Gorilla breast feeding with its mommy and riding on its mommy's back. Cozy! I also saw Flamingos, Zebras, Turtles, Gazelles, a Tiger that roared several times while we were watching it, and even a baby Panda and its Mama. I hope we go back to San Diego soon!

Love, Natty May Watermoon

No comments: