

It took almost 2 weeks for me and my mommies to fully recover from the fevers that got us when we came home from California. Since we are all better, my moms decided it was time to get out of dodge and go relax Up North. We spent this weekend lounging out at The Inn on the Lake in Duluth's Canal Park. We played in the hot tub and pool and relaxed in our gigantic in-room whirlpool too! My moms brought my blocks and books along so I had plenty of fun playing on the floor of our room with my stuff. Saturday night, mommies ordered their favorite pizza, V.I.P., plus salad and dessert from Pizza Luce and we settled in for a cozy night of what my momma called, "veggin' out." I fell asleep to the sound of their whispered conversation and laughter. I love that! Sunday morning I heard my moms giggling about how much fun they had staying up late to watch TWO movies while I slept. After a little morning swim and bath, we walked over to "Hell's Kitchen" for brunch and ordered up some delicious looking food that I was not allowed to try. After that, my mommies took me to Brighton Beach and we listened to the ice crackle and boom on Lake Superior until we were too cold to take it anymore. I like Duluth!
In other news, I've learned some very cool skills this week! I was at my great-grandma's house, flying around on her tile floor (using my hands to push myself around backwards) when it occured to me that if I just used that same arm/hand motion I could probably move forward too. I laughed aloud when I figured it out! I tested my theory that night during my massage with mommy and it worked! People, I am now officially a forward crawler! The other thing i figured out that day at great-grandma's is that if I grab whatever is above me with my hands and push up really hard with my legs I can usually pull myself up so I can stand big and tall! Let me tell you, crawling forward is really fun, but standing is where it is at!
Love, Natagan
No comments:
Post a Comment